20 Feb The Seven Bridal Appointment Commandments
Ah, all the butterflies, excitement and mixed feelings that come with your first wedding dress appointment. But wait… hold up… what do I even wear?!
That question is a lot more common than you think and we’ll be answering that one and more in this post! Here are some tips to help make you feel confident and prepared for you dress appointment:
- Get in the “mode” to find your dream dress.This might just be the most important step and we want to help get you there. It’s up to you though to get in the right mindset for your appointment. If you are not 100% intending to find your gown that day of your appointment, then it may be worth rescheduling and trying again another day.
- Have an idea of what you’re looking. Calling all Pinterest addicts: get your boards out! Providing images of gowns that you like will help guide your consultant to narrow down selection of dresses that best fit you. There’s a kicker though. You may completely change your mind in the process and that is completely okay! Pinterest didn’t fail you; it just helped you get started on your journey. Be open with your consultant on your feelings on the dresses you’re trying on and she can pull more of what you do like and less of what you don’t.
- Establish your budget. Establishing your budget in advance is one of the most important steps to finding your dream gown because you want to feel amazing about your purchase and not have a giant knot in your stomach. Be very transparent in your pre-appointment paperwork if you have a firm number you do not want to go over so that your consultant can best cater to you. That way both you and your bank account will look and feel amazing.
- Wear the right undergarments. If you know that you plan on wearing a certain bra or other under garments, be sure to bring those with you. If you haven’t gotten that far yet, have no fear. We just ask that you dress down to your comfortability while trying on. Most brides prefer to go braless and wear similar underwear to what they plan to have on the big day.
- Make sure your entourage is on time. Be clear with your posse about what time to arrive at your appointment. Being fashionably late in this scenario is far from encouraged because it cuts into your try-on time and can make the situation more stressful. Avoid the drama and ensure that everyone knows they MUST be on time.
- Know your date. Or at least have a time frame of when you plan to tie the knot. Our dresses take anywhere from six to eight weeks to arrive and dress alterations will take time to complete as well. You want to be sure to pad yourself with ample time by shopping for your dress at least nine to twelve months out from the wedding day. We promise this is the best way to stay stress-free (at least from a wedding dress standpoint) and save money by not having to rush order your gown!
- Trust your instincts.Go with your gut. Need we say more? Just like with you’re significant other, you will know when you have found “the one”. We can’t tell you how you will know, but we can promise that you will just “know”. And you might cry. And we might cry because you’re crying. Trust us, you will know.
The only other thing we recommend that you do is to have fun! Enjoy the process, ask questions, laugh, cry and sip champagne. We are here for it all, sister.
This is your time to shine and we can’t wait to be a part of it!